After lots of looking on how to get this going appropriately I decided to post a quick how-to on getting a custom 3D car model going in TM2 Stadium. It's actually much easier than it seems, so here we go!
- Locate your StadiumCar folder. It should be in your Documents folder under "ManiaPlanet" then in Skins, then Models. (Typical path on Windows 7 is Documents\ManiaPlanet\Skins\Models\StadiumCar). If this folder does not exist, create it.
- Next, locate the model that you would like to use (ManiaPark is a good resource for this). You need both the .zip AND the .loc (locator) files.
- Place BOTH files (the .zip and the .loc) in the StadiumCar folder identified above.
- If TrackMania 2 is open, close it now and restart it. If it's closed, open it. This is required to allow the game to find the new files.
- FIREWALL & Port Forward!!!
- You will need to make sure that your firewall and port forwards have the following ports and protocols forwarded and unblocked to your computer in order for the skin to work:
- 2350 UDP & TCP
- 3450 UDP & TCP
- Now go into Stadium, then click on "Profile."
- Next click on "Models."
- Now select the appropriate model you want (they show up in the beginning of the list (all the way to the left)).
- Hit back to the main menu.
NOTE: These models aren't small and will take time for other users to download them, until which time they will see a silver F1 car. This is normal and will resolve itself as the model is downloaded by other users.
Hope this helps someone else figure this out!